Description of Work
Amazon Frontlines is seeking a Contract Grant Writer to support our growing and successful Development team in its efforts to mobilize resources for frontline defenders of the Amazon rainforest and Indigenous ways of life. We do this by strategically and creatively communicating our work to new and current donors, documenting our impact and positioning the organization as a leader in the field. This position will focus on drafting compelling materials and proposals for Institutional funders.
The Role (aka what you’ll do):
The Contract Grant Writer reports to the Director of Development and will collaborate frequently with the Executive Director, Development Coordinator, and Program staff. This role will be assigned the following deliverables:
- Produce grant proposals and reports for Amazon Frontlines and accompany Indigenous partner organizations in the same.
Draft concept notes, award and prize nominations, letters of intent (LOIs).
- Collaborate with the Director of Development and Development Coordinator to adhere to and maintain a comprehensive grant proposal and reporting calendar, including stewardship of a multi-million dollar grants portfolio.
- In collaboration with Development Director and Executive Director, produce organizational materials, including the annual report, pitch decks and other fundraising materials.
- Draft “cold call” emails to position Amazon Frontlines before new funders.
- Write fundraising solicitations and donor communications for individual supporters.
- Research and recommend new grant opportunities for Amazon Frontlines and our Indigenous partner organizations.
Who you are and must-haves to be successful in the role:
- Passionate about Amazon Frontlines’ mission.
- A motivated self-starter, capable of working independently and balancing multiple priorities in a fast paced work environment.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in writing, messaging, and/or communications. Experience with writing in the nonprofit sector for foundation audiences is especially relevant.
- Proven track record of writing successful applications, including smaller grants ($25,000 – $50,000 range) to larger grants ($100,000+).
- Outstanding writing, copy editing, and persuasive communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to come up-to-speed quickly on the issue and the organization
- Ability to work collaboratively with AF staff to develop content and meet deadlines.
- Ability to read and write effectively in Spanish a major plus
This is a remote position with a strong preference for location that aligns with time zones where key staff are located (between GMT-8 and GMT-5).
Hours and Compensation:
This contract position will report to the Development Director and will involve approximately 20 hours of work per week, though time required may vary due to grant application schedules. Contract will be at an hourly rate that is competitive for the industry and commensurate with experience and location.
How to apply?
Submit your resume, cover letter telling us why you are the ideal person for the role. A writing sample will be requested after an initial screening.
Link to apply: https://amazonfrontlines.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=36&source=aWQ9MjI%3D.
Interviews will be conducted on an ongoing basis. The role will remain open until filled.
Amazon Frontlines offers equal opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination based on race, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnic origin, nationality, marital status, or any other legally protected status or classification.