The position: Social Media Coordinator
Your job is to take our social media presence to the next level in order to promote an urgent cause. Along with a strong digital background, you will be media-savvy, a well-organized project manager, with excellent written and visual communication skills. Your main mission is to develop and implement our storytelling and campaigning strategies on social media by working closely with our international programs team and our Indigenous partners in the Western Amazon.
You will thrive off creativity and innovation and you will relish exploring new ways to cultivate a global community of dedicated action-takers and to reach new audiences. By working closely with our international programs team and our Indigenous partners in the Western Amazon, you will create thought-provoking and impactful written and visual stories to help drive support, engagement, and online fundraising for our campaigns and work.
As part of our work in partnership with Indigenous youth, leaders and organizations, you will also play a critical role in the development of strategies to lift up Indigenous voices and amplify Indigenous-led media and stories to regional and global audiences.
This is a chance to be at the center of a dynamic and passionate multicultural network of people who are deeply invested in the fight to protect the Amazon, Indigenous cultures, and our global climate. You should be ready to live and share the daily struggles of Indigenous peoples in the Western Amazon and committed to building a successful grassroots movement based on hard work, humility, mutual respect and genuine partnership. The job would be a great fit for someone who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment and can think strategically and creatively to support the struggles and initiatives of our Indigenous partners.
This is a full-time position based in Ecuador, and regular travel within the country will be required, especially to our headquarters in Lago Agrio. During the first six months, trips to Lago Agrio will be more frequent so that you can build relationships with the Program teams and our Indigenous partners, and get to know the organization.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
You’ll likely have a solid background in journalism, communications or digital marketing, or other relevant fields and experiences. The most important thing is that you thrive in this role and excel at the work. To do that, you’ll need to understand the work we do, and be dedicated to the mission. In this role, you need to be:
- Very organized and great with people
- A stellar writer and visual communicator
- Born storyteller
- Creative with an eagle eye for detail
- Naturally curious with a thirst for knowledge and an appreciation of nuance
- Have a good sense of humor
You’ll enjoy this job if you like to work both independently and collaboratively. You’ll need to be a self-starter and be able to produce exceptional content while everyone’s out in the forest or in a court hearing – or while you’re out there yourself, reporting from the middle of the action! You’ll be supported and work closely with our Communications team but you’ll need to be proactive in managing workflows with our field team for the creation of content and develop creative strategies to interweave multiple urgent struggles, campaigns, and news into a cohesive social media narrative. Above all, you must be excited about being in an active support role for our Indigenous partners.
- Development and implementation of Amazon Frontlines’ social media strategies across our channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, LinkedIn) by working collaboratively with the Communications team
- Collaborate with program staff and Indigenous partners to tell compelling stories, engage our audiences and help win campaigns through social media channels
- Spearhead collaborations with designers, artists and meme-makers
- Support outreach strategies to influencers, allies and partners
- Stay up on the pulse on the latest trends in social media and provide recommendations on cutting-edge digital tools and technologies, and best social media practices
- Provide informed and actionable recommendations for our social media strategies based upon content engagement insights and metrics
- At least two or three years of work experience managing the creation of social media content and implementing social media strategies
- Written and spoken fluency in Spanish and English
- Impeccable writing skills in English and Spanish
- Excellent visual communication skills
- In-depth knowledge of social media channels (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, TikTok, LinkedIn) and their requirements, integrations, and necessary metrics
- Savvy in social media trends, capabilities and opportunities and deep understanding of viral content
- Experience with photo-editing and graphic design
Amazon Frontlines is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.