Amazon Frontlines is our name, but more than that, it is the place where we live and work
Our team hails from many parts of the world – mainly from the towns and cities of Europe, North America, and South America. Now, we are living and working in Ecuador’s northern Amazon: a place where the freshwater creeks have been turned into a source of sickness; a place where the oil companies and the government offer “development” in exchange for the oil beneath the ancestral lands of indigenous peoples; a place where thousands of years of indigenous science and spiritual knowledge can disappear in the span of decades.
Our most profound question is how to best, most honestly, most effectively support these struggles.
Our mission is to support the struggles of indigenous peoples to defend their rights to land, life and cultural survival.
We partner with the Ceibo Alliance, an indigenous-led organization comprised of members of the Siona, Secoya, Kofan, and Waorani peoples, who are building a movement in defense of their rights to land, life and cultural survival.
- We believe that the fight to protect the world’s rainforests cannot succeed without the empowerment and cultural survival of their indigenous inhabitants.
- We affirm that the realities of indigenous community life and the threats indigenous peoples face in the Amazon cannot be understood without living and sharing in their daily struggles.
- We realize that indigenous peoples cannot be properly supported without that understanding.
- We commit to building a successful grassroots movement based on hard work, humility, mutual respect and honest partnership.
- We believe that the skills, knowledge, and experience that we and our partners gain in this process have the power to change the world.
Founders of Amazon Frontlines and Ceibo Alliance
DIGITAL STRATEGIES MANAGER
DIRECTOR OF FINANCE AND OPERATIONS
Director of Programs
Rights Team Leader
NATIONAL MEDIA COORDINATOR
MAPING & MONITORING TEAM LEADER
Legal Defender Program Coordinator
production & communications training lead
People & Culture and Operations Manager
Culture Team Leader
external communications manager
Monitoring Field Coordinator
People and Culture Coordinator
Mapping and Monitoring Coordinator
board of directors
felicity lark hei-meu
honorary board member / cofounder clearwater project
honorary board member